Your website is the digital face of your business -- it tells your story 24/7 -- so good web design is a must. Your website is there when consumers are looking for what you offer and can bring you sales. And your website also tells you a lot about who is visiting your site, which you can discover with analytics.
Website analytics are important tools that give you information about how people interact with your site. By looking at website data, you can learn a lot about your site visitors, such as:
- How many visitors come to your website? (How much traffic do you get?)
- How long do they stay? If visitors leave quickly, perhaps your site didn't have what they were looking for.
- Where do they live? Are they in a location your business caters to?
- What kind of device are they using to access your site? If they are using a mobile device, your web design should be optimized for mobile.
- Which browsers are they using? Your web design should work well on those browsers.
- Which pages do they visit? What do the most-visited pages tell you about how people find you?
- Did they come to your site from other sites? If so, which ones?
- If they came from a search engine, what phrase did they use to find you?
That last detail is the key for you to know whether visitors are finding your site using search terms you want to be known for. For example, if your business offers reupholstery services, you would expect analytics to show that visitors find your site by searching for terms like "furniture reupholstery" or "custom upholstery." Analyzing your website data might show that your visitors use these and other similar phrases to find you. On the other hand, analytics might also show people are finding your site using search terms that don't make much sense for your business, and that they spend only a few seconds on your site before going on to a different site to find what they're looking for.
There are many other ways to use website analytics to improve your site, marketing efforts, and the customer experience. Your site should attract your target market and keep them there, with the goal of leading them to a sale or other action you want them to take.
We are eager to help you with your website analytics as part of our customized website design services. Please contact us for details.