It is recommended to occasionally change your email password in order to keep your email account secure.
To change your password, follow the below instructions:
- Open your Internet browser
- In the address bar, type mail.yourcompany.ca*
- Type in your Username (your username is your email address)
- Type in your current Password
- Click Login
* yourcompany.ca refers to your domain name. Quite often a company’s domain is the same as its’ company name. For example REM Web Solutions domain is remwebsolutions.com.
- Click on Options
- Click on Login (which can be found on the top left hand corner)
- Type in your Current Cassword
- Type in your New Password, twice
- Click Update
Your password needs to be 7 or more characters in length and should contain both letters and numbers. You can also add special characters as well such as !, $, ^ and so on. Passwords can not match the mailbox or account name and should not have the mailbox or account name contained in the password.
An example of a great password could be pA$$VV0rd!
We can set up a new password for you as well if you wish. Just email or call us and we can provide you with an updated password and change it in the system on your behalf.
Don't forget that when you update your password in webmail (or if we update your password for you) that you will need to update Outlook, MacMail, your BlackBerry, iPhone and/or other devices as well.