a) you are an existing client of REM Web Solutions
b) you subscribed to our newsletter from our web site
c) you passed on your business card or other contact
information to someone at REM
If you do not wish to receive further issues of WebWiz@rdry
please see the instructions below.
Domain names have been referred to as virtual real-estate. It can be difficult to find the domain name you want since many people have purchased the good ones under the popular top level domains (TLDs) i.e. .com
Here are some tips to consider when buying a domain name:
- Pick something that is easy to remember. What would you think of if you were looking for your company? Try for your company name or main company products/services.
- Keep it as short as possible. I laugh when I say this to people since ours is so long. Sometimes there is nothing you can do if you have a long company name.
- Try for a .com first. This is what people will automatically think of if they are not sure what your website is. If someone knew our company name is REM Web Solutions then they would likely type in remwebsolutions.com as the website. If .com is not available try .net or possibly a country specific domain such as .ca.
- You can't use special characters or spaces in a domain name. You can use a hyphen. It shouldn't be your first choice but if mybusiness.com is gone you can try my-business.com.
- Don't pay too much. Most domain names should not cost you more the $20 per year. It varies by the top level domain name type i.e. .com versus .ca, etc.
- Try searching for websites that give you suggestions on other domains and can search multiple TLDs. Do a google search for "domain name registrars."
If you would like us to help you choose a name and purchase it for you, please contact us.
Thank you for your interest in WebWiz@rdry and REM Web Solutions.
Until next time,
Global Collaboration for Success
High Performance Consortium expands the facilitated consortium model into a virtual environment, allowing your organization to gain the established benefits of learning, improving and sharing in a web space setting.
HPC has been developed to bring consortiums and their members together online, to create a secure and comfortable area where people can share their experiences and learn in an environment of trust and integrity. If you are a member of a consortium or if your organization would like to create an internal consortium, HPC provides the ability to leverage the learning of other consortiums members both locally and globally through facilitated learning, sharing and collaboration tools without the conventional constraints of distance and time.
"REM has been an invaluable business partner to HPS. Rob and his team has the ability to take complex ideas and develop them in web solutions that have allowed HPS to build a strong platform for business growth."
Scott Smith, President
High Performance Solutions Inc.
Stay tuned for more information! There are lots of enhancements and new features to make this new version the easiest Content Management tool around.
We post new blogs each week. Each post is written by one of the REM team! Read the posts here!
It doesn't have to be! If you are not updating your web site content by yourself, on your own time, using only basic office computer skills, then you need WebWiz@rd.
REM Web Solutions WebWiz@rd technology allows small to medium-sized organizations to control their web site content by themselves, without having to pay and consult with a Webmaster. You will also enjoy the benefits of a long-term relationship with experienced web-pros, who are only an email or phone call away when you need help. Contact us today to get WebWiz@rd working for you!
Please forward it to your friends, contacts, and anyone else who might benefit from its content. Thanks for your feedback and encouragement.
REM Web Solutions will not rent, trade or sell our email list to anyone for any reason whatsoever. You will never get an unsolicited email from a stranger as a result of joining this list.
Go to www.remwebsolutions.com, just click on the sign up link and fill out the form. It only takes about 20 seconds.
If you do not wish to receive further issues of WebWiz@rdry please unsubscribe at www.remwebsolutions.com (go to "click here to sign up for our newsletter").
Click the icons below.
Copyright 2012 REM Web Solutions Inc. All rights reserved. WebWiz@rd™ is a trademark of REM Web Solutions Inc.