It's easy enough to set up your own website by using a template. However, the main disadvantage of doing this is that your website is going to look like everyone else's. There are many things you can do in a customized website that you can't do in a template. The changes you want might be small or subtle but they can add up to make a big difference in your website. A DIY website, on the other hand, isn't going to have the aesthetic appeal people look for in a website.
Here are some of the problems you'll find in a DIY website:
- It's Boring: Nowadays, people have such a short attention span that they aren't going to stay on a website that looks boring to them. If there's nothing catchy about the headlines, the images or the content, they're going to move on soon enough.
- It Gets Less Traffic: Not only does a DIY website fail to keep visitors interested, it may fail to get visitors at all. The main aim of a website is to get as much traffic as possible. The more people that come to your website, the greater the chances of converting them into customers. But if the people are not even finding your website in the first place, then you're not going to achieve your aim.
- It's Not Intuitive: Some viewers report that DIY websites tend to be less intuitive than customized websites. This is because when you make a website yourself, you may not have a very good idea of what tabs to use and what information to put under them.
- It Lacks Information: Maybe you set up a website and put as much information that you thought was needed on it. But a viewer might think that it's too little or too much. The idea is to provide just the right amount; a website designer with experience will understand what that means.
- It's Not Balanced: Balance is an aesthetic term which may be hard for a layperson to understand. But the fact is that when you see something which seems balanced, you recognize its aesthetic appeal. A DIY website may look like the images and content are randomly placed instead.
Contact us for more great reasons why you should get a customized website and not a DIY one.