In the role of Support we are asked to help our customers with a wide variety of questions and concerns. We want to help our clients as efficiently and accurately as possible. To do this, we need information. This information varies depending on the situation.
I am writing this blog as a friendly reminder to our clients that in order to help you the best that we can, Support requires details, examples, screen shots and explanations of any road blocks that you come up against.
If your question or concern is in regards to email, we need the following questions answered:
- What account is affected? For example; [email protected]
- What program/machine are you using? For example, are you using Outlook, webmail, your Blackberry, iPhone or another handheld devise?
- Did you receive an error message or a bounce back? If so, please take a screen shot of that message and either email it to Support or call us directly to relay the exact message.
- How long have you been experiencing the problem?
- Have there been any changes on your end that could be causing the issue? For example, have you switched to a new ISP (Internet Service Provider)? Have you changed any of the settings in Outlook? Have you changed any of your spam filtering settings?
Once these questions are answered we can complete some research and perform some testing to narrow down the problem and provide you with clarification and/or suggestions on what to do next.
If the question or concern is in regards to their website and/or [email protected], we need the following details:
- If you received an error, we need to see a screen shot of the error.
- We need to know the exact page that you are referring to. For example, please be more specific than, “On my site…” or “I was trying to edit a page in [email protected]”. Provide us with the page name or email us the specific URL for the page that you need help with.
- Let us know exactly what you were doing when you ran into problems.
Again, once this information is given to us we can provide you with instructions or forward your request on to another member of our team if it is more technical in nature.
Regardless of what concern or question you have, the more information that you can give Support the better! These details will allow us to answer your emails and calls much quicker and minimize the possibility of confusion and frustration.