No one will argue that the web has a lot of useless sites for your entertainment but don't forget about the ones that can help you become a smarter and better person! Below are some of my favourites.
1. Factsie — Did you know light from the moon can create rainbows. They are called moonbows. Whoa! The website also sites sources!
2. Instructables — Learn how to make anything. Really! This site shows you how to make a Megahelmet (a helmet with a megaphone).
3. Lumosity — Cutting edge neuroscience personalized for you! Train your brain with fun games. I have tried this and I officially feel smarter.
4. TED-Ed — This is a new library of award-winning, animated lessons created by expert educators, screenwriters, and animators that will spark curiosity in learners around the world!
5. Spreeder — A free, online speed-reading software that will improve your reading speed and comprehension. Paste in the text you'd like to read, and get ready not to blink!
6. Quora — Use the power of other smart people to get your questions answered. You can learn anything, from how to tie your shoes, to rocket science.
Boom, you are now brilliant!