Is it really that important to have a mobile responsive website? It sure is! Here are some mind-blowing statistics that will change your view on mobile traffic forever (sources: Hubspot, ImpactBND, & Skillcrush).
- Eighty percent of internet users own smartphones.
- Thirteen percent of adults access the web only via mobile.
- Mobile internet usage accounts for two out of every three minutes of all online usage.
- Tablet users have the highest add-to-cart rates (important if you have an e-commerce shop).
- People are addicted to their smartphones - over half of all smartphone users check their phones immediately upon awakening in the morning.
- Sixty-one percent of people won’t return to a site that was difficult to access on mobile. Forty percent will instead visit a competitor’s site.
- According to Marketing Land, mobile advertising will account for almost three-quarters of all digital ad spending by 2019.
- Ninety-one percent of smartphone owners say that being able to access online content on their phones is extremely important to them.
- Forty-eight percent of people ages 18-29 search the web on mobile every day.
- Fifty-seven percent of people won’t recommend a business if it has a website that isn’t optimized for mobile.
- Eighty-eight percent of people who search for a business on their smartphones contact that business within a day.
- Seventy percent of mobile searches lead to some sort of action within an hour.
- Seventy percent of smartphone users will immediately delete an email if it isn’t optimized for their device.
- Forty-eight percent of millennials only view videos on mobile devices.
- Eighty percent of people do online shopping on their phones.
As you can see, mobile first is important and will have a huge effect on your business. Visit our website for more information.